Friday, July 11, 2008

It is just a bugger of a hill

I went out the same direction this morning in order to take another whack at my hill friend. I got over it a bit quicker, but I'm guessing any onlooker would still have scored the round in the hill's favor. I don't mind though, it give me something to think about.


I left at 8:00am this morning which was just perfect. I think most of the cars were already at work, but the sun still hadn't come out yet. I might have to still bump up the start time if it is going to be super hot or if I'm going to ride longer distances.


I remembered to actually take my water bottle for the first time. Up till now I have been very good at filling it with ice and water and then leaving without it. However, I forgot to drink out of it during the ride. I'm all about baby steps now days anyways.


Here is my post ride snack. No ride no snack. They are exceptionally good, but a bit pricey. I think that there are times when I go for my ride just to get my treat at the end. I drink coffee too, but I usually wait till I stop sweating (so the granola bar is long gone). I don't ration coffee like the granola bars. That just wouldn't work well at all.



I'm at 125 miles for the month so I'm right on track to get to my 300.

No comments: