Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hopelessly Lost

This morning I had a brilliant idea. I wrote the directions of my new route down on a little paper and taped it to my handle bars. Honestly, I haven't been the best at being able to remember my routes from memory, so I figured this would be a sure fix.



fast forward.......





So I ended up a town over and realized that I was the most lost I have ever been. I missed the first turn and never recovered. I new I was in trouble when I crossed over interstate 65 into the town of Battle Ground. This town was nowhere near my original route. I turned around and tried to make a loop back to West Lafayette, but as it turns out I was still a little disoriented. Apparently I continued to ride away from West Lafayette instead of going back towards it. Then God smiled because I pulled of the road into a very small church on a corner for a rest and some water. When I looked at the corner street sign it was actually part of the original route that I had planned, so then I followed my route home. All said and done I added 5 or so miles to my original route, but that's ok because it was an adventure in the truest sense.



Now I'm at 193 miles for the month. I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll make it to 300 without any huge problems.



I think that I'll take tomorrow off so that I'm fresh for Friday and Saturday.

No comments: