Monday, July 7, 2008

I beat the rain

So I probably won't post pictures. Maybe I'm just to lazy. When I woke up this morning for my ride it was storming pretty bad, and Liz forbid me from going out and riding. She didn't have to work very hard since the bed was down right comfortable, and I don't like the idea of being struck by lighting. Anyway, by 9:00am (when I was supposed to be at work) it was still storming and I decided to call in and tell them that I wouldn't be coming in on account of the weather. I got enough work doen from home that it wasn't a big deal.

Around noon, I looked out the window and saw that the rain had stopped and the pavement was slowly drying. I looked on the radar and it said that there would be more rain coming (it never did though) in about 2 hours, so I hoped on my bike and set off for some miles.

It turned into a great ride. I went 16 miles (a personal best for me), but had to take a small break halfway through to turn around, let a semi-truck pass, and wipe my glasses clean. I'm going to need a water bottle on the bike soon. I don't think I'd want to go much farther without one. The little hills on the way back were a little more painful, but I got over them slowly.

I'm at 43 miles for the month with a goal of doing 300 miles.

No comments: