Monday, July 21, 2008

Fog and Foals

This morning I got out early for my ride right at dawn. The first three miles were great, but once I hit the country I rode into a pretty intense fog. I've decided that riding a bike in the fog is scarier than driving in fog. The biggest problem I had was that my glasses don't come equiped with mini windshield wipers. I ended up taking them off, and cutting my ride short since I couldn't ride very fast, I coulnd't see far ahead, and what I could see was a little distorted.


When you ride through a cloud some fun things do happen though. Each one of those little arm hairs everyone has becomes its own rain drop. You don't sweat as much since you can just evaporate the cloud that settles on you, and I don't think that if a man ran across the rode carrying a chain saw and screamed bloody murder it would seem all that strange. It might even make sense in the context of an early morning cloud. (THIS DID NOT HAPPEN)
If that last one had happened, I would have certainly had a better title for this post.


The far animal of the day is the foal. For those who don't yet know much about foals, a foal is a horse less than a year old. According to wiki, male foals are colts and a filly is a female foal. I didn't know that till today either. Anyway I saw two of them with their respective parents. I think that baby cows are way more cute that foals. Foals look so awkward to me. It's amazing that they actually grow into things that don't look like they are actively falling over. There is also this kind of cool white speckled horse that I have seen a few times now, but he doesn't pay much attention to me.




I'm at 264 miles for the month. This post also concludes Nathan's bike tour of West Lafayette farm animals

No comments: